Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode, I wanted to talk about climate change and issues relating to the environment, so I’m joined via Zoom by Arthur Dahl, Christine Muller, and Afsaneh Angelina Rafii. These three Baha’is have been passionately involved in environmentalism in some way, shape, or form, and we discuss a range of issues relating to the environment including both practical, and spiritual themes that need to be addressed. I hope you enjoy this important conversation as much as I did!
Watch the video of this episode here: Baha’i Blogcast with Rainn Wilson – Episode 59: Spirituality of Climate Change [VIDEO]
My guests in this episode are:
Arthur is President of the International Environment Forum, and a retired Deputy Assistant Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), with over 50 years of international experience in environment and sustainability. He teaches in various university programmes, lectures widely, and has published many scientific papers and books.
* Arthur Dahl’s website: yabaha.net/dahl
– In Pursuit Of Hope: A Guide For The Seeker
– The Eco Principle: Ecology and Economics in Symbiosis
– Unless and Until: A Baha’i Focus on the Environment
– Mark Tobey, Art and Belief
– Global Governance and the Emergence of Global Institutions for the 21st Century
* Baha’i Blog interview with Arthur Dahl about his book ‘In Pursuit of Hope’: In Pursuit of Hope: A Book by Arthur Lyon Dahl
* Some Wilmette Institute video presentations by Arthur Dahl:
– Navigating the Storm: The Transition to Sustainability
– In Pursuit of Hope in a Time of Crisis
Christine is a Board Member of the International Environment Forum (IEF) and a Wilmette Institute Adjunct Lecturer, and is passionate about environmental issues and has been systemically studying climate change and sustainable development. She has given numerous talks on the environment and has a keen interest in the role spirituality can play in providing solutions.
Afsaneh Angelina Rafii
Afsaneh is the creator of the Icarus Complex magazine, a printed biannual magazine and also a website, aimed at taking an in-depth look at the issues surrounding climate change and environmentalism from economic, political, legal and grassroots perspectives.
* Afsaneh Angelina Rafii’s website: www.angelinarafii.com
Here are more links to some of the things mentioned in the conversation:
– Watch this video: Resilience
– Read this article: Baha’is of Vanuatu Begin to Rebuild After Devastating Cyclone
You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha’i Blogcast page, and be sure to ‘subscribe’ to the Baha’i Blogcast for more upcoming episodes on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Soundcloud.
Thanks for listening!