- Explore topics and themes around women's health!
Running every August, National Science Week is Australia’s annual celebration of science and technology. This year Baha’i Blog is taking part by sharing articles, videos, interviews, and a new collection of Baha’i Blog content on the essential spiritual principle of the harmony of science and religion.
Here is all the content we’ve created to celebrate National Science Week:
- Our new collection of Baha’i Blog content on the Harmony of Science and Religion!
- An interview with Australian Baha’i Dr Robin Mihrshahi about science, service, faith and atheism
- An interview with scientist Michelle Hobbs about our spiritual relationship to the natural world
- An animation that asks whether good scientists can believe in God, along with an answer from influential Christian scientist -Francis S. Collins
- An animation that wonders if science and spirituality can go together that is answered by an examination of two quotations from influential scientists and science advocates Mayim Bialik and Carl Sagan
- An animation of quotations from Einstein and Galileo that answer question can “science and reason go together?”
- A TikTok series featuring young Baha’is and their favourite science facts:
- Lorraine speaks with us about music and its power on our brains and souls and the anatomical science behind how to change your voice when singing and she wrote an article about the neurological and spiritual benefits of music for children
- 11 year old John in grade 5 discusses how science and religion can join forces by featuring quotations from the Baha’i Writings
- A quotation in images from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha about the importance of science
- A quotation in images from the Writings of Baha’u’llah on the power of reflection
- A quotation in images from a statement from the Baha’i International Community on science and technology and human advancement
- A quotation in from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha about how the harmony of science and religion will unify the world
We hope you enjoy our celebration of science and faith here on Baha’i Blog, and we would love to hear your feedback, ideas and comments!
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.