- Ayyam-i-Ha is a Baha’i festival that is joyously celebrated in countries and territories all over the world. It is a time of hospitality, generosity, and caring for the needy. This year Ayyam-i-Ha runs from February 26-29.
Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode, I sit down with the multi-talented Kamal Sinclair, a dancer, percussionist, multi-media producer, and currently the Executive Director of ‘Future Architects’. In this conversation we talk about being in ‘Stomp’, new technology and emerging media, the future of work, meeting Ruhiyyih Khanum, how art generates knowledge and the role beauty plays in the world. I hope you find this conversation as riveting as I did!
To find out more about Kamal Sinclair and some of the things we covered in this podcast, check out the following links:
- Learn more about ‘Future Architects’ here: futurearchitects.com.
- Here is Kamal’s body of research relating to equality in emerging media: makinganewreality.org
- Here’s a link to STOMP, of which Kamal was a performer for six years: stomponline.com
- Here’s a Time magazine article about ‘Question Bridge’: The Question Bridge Project: Redefining Black Male Identity
- Here’s the trailer for Question Bridge: Black Males.
- We talk about Virtual Reality and Oculus Rift.
- We talk about the Sundance Institute.
- Here’s a video interview with Kamal: Storytellers of Tomorrow – Sundance Institute New Frontier Lab Programs with Kamal Sinclair
- Here’s a Forbes podcast interview with Kamal: Kamal Sinclair Is Charting New Frontiers In Digital Storytelling
- Here’s a video of a talk by Kamal Sinclair about emerging media: Making A New Reality
- Rainn mentions Oscar DeGruy.
- Kamal talks about her meetings with Ruhiyyeh Khanum and Violette Nakhjavani.
- We talk about the work of Ruha Benjamin, who was also a guest on this podcast: Baha’i Blogcast with Rainn Wilson – Episode 22: Ruha Benjamin
- Kamal talks about the Allied Media Conference.
- Kamal mentions Bobby Aazami: The Six Million Dollar Kid – An Interview with Bobby Aazami
- Kamal shares one of her favourite quotes found in ‘The Seven Valleys’ by Baha’u’llah: “I say ‘Be,’ and it is, and thou shalt say ‘Be,’ and it shall be.”
- Learn more about ‘The Seven Valleys’ here: An Introduction to The Seven Valleys
You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha’i Blogcast page, and be sure to ‘subscribe’ to the Baha’i Blogcast for more upcoming episodes on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Soundcloud.
Thanks for listening!
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.