- Explore topics and themes around women's health!
This video is the trailer for the one-hour documentary titled An American Story: Race Amity and the Other Tradition. Produced by the National Center for Race Amity and co-sponsored by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of the United States. This film examines many little known examples of racial amity and conciliation in the United States. Its thesis is that close cross-racial and cross-cultural amity has been a part of virtually every critical advance in access and equity in America’s racial history. This other tradition has served as the moral and spiritual counterweight to the dominant tradition of racism that occupies so much of our national history. It is empowering to both European and non-European Americans, and enlarges the critical mass of concerned people from all racial and cultural backgrounds who can make race amity and equity a priority in their lives.
You can find out more about the film from its website: raceamityfilm.org
If you are interested in more Baha’i-inspired content about racial unity, you might want to check out:
- the Baha’i Blogcast with Rainn Wilson: Episode 10 – Joy DeGruy
- the Baha’i Blogcast with Rainn Wilson: Episode 22 – Ruha Benjamin
- Beautiful Struggle: Understanding Racism and Transforming Words and Deeds – A Talk by Dr. Ruha Benjamin
- The Path to Unity – A Talk by Robert C. Henderson
You may also wish to take a look at the website of the National Center for Race Amity: raceamity.org
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields