Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode I interview the wonderful Linda Kavelin-Popov, a psychotherapist, award-winning writer, and one of the creators of the globally acclaimed ‘Virtues Project’, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year! Linda tells me the story behind the Virtues Project, and why she and her husband moved to the beautiful Cook Islands. We also discuss death and dealing with loss, the importance of prayer and meditation, plus we even do a fun activity at the end of the podcast where I pick a Virtues Card and we reflect on how it relates to my life. I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did!
To find out more about Linda Kavelin-Popov, and some of the things we covered in this podcast, check out the following links:
- Find out more about ‘The Virtues Project’ from their website and social media pages below:
- – Facebook:
- – Twitter:
- You can also check out the following special ’30th Anniversary of the Virtues Project’ links below:
- Here’s a list of books by Linda Kavelin-Popov below:
– The Family Virtues Guide: Simple Ways to Bring Out the Best in Our Children and Ourselves
– A Pace of Grace: The Virtues of a Sustainable Life
– Sacred Moments: Daily Meditations on the Virtues
– A Scent of Sage
– Graceful Endings
- Check out Linda’s personal blog here: lindakavelinpopov.com
- You can read Baha’i Blog’s interview with Linda about the Virtues Project here: Celebrating 30 Years of The Virtues Project: An Interview with Linda Kavelin-Popov
- New Zealand’s ‘Baha’i on Air’ TV show also did an interview with Linda which you can watch here:
– Graceful Ending Interview (Part 1)
– Graceful Ending Interview (Part 2)
- Linda quotes the following passage from The Four Valley’s by Baha’u’llah: “A servant is drawn unto Me in prayer until I answer him; and when I have answered him, I become the ear wherewith he heareth…” -Baha’u’llah
- Linda quotes the following passage from The Book of Certitude by Baha’u’llah: “One hour’s reflection is preferable to seventy years of pious worship”
- Linda quotes from Jeremiah 33:3 in the Hebrew Bible (or Old Testament): “…call to me and I will answer you and show you great and hidden things you do not know…”
- Linda mentions how Abdu’l-Baha said: “…things of which man knew nothing will be unfolded before his sight…”
- Linda quotes the following from Shoghi Effendi: “…you rise from prayer as if your prayer has already been answered…”
- Linda mentions ‘The Fire Tablet‘ by Baha’u’llah.
- Linda talks about her father, former member of the Universal House of Justice, Borrah Kavelin.
- Linda talks about her brother, John Kavelin. You can watch an interview with John here on this ‘Baha’i on Air’ episode.
- The book ‘Portals to Freedom’ by Howard Colby Ives is mentioned in this interview.
- Linda talks about the ‘five spiritual strategy’s of the virtues project’ which you can learn more about here.
- You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha’i Blogcast page, and be sure to ‘subscribe’ to the Baha’i Blogcast for more upcoming episodes on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Soundcloud.
Thanks for listening!