Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this special episode in honor of the 100th Anniversary of the passing of Abdu’l-Baha, I’m joined by Baha’i author, Angelina Diliberto Allen. Angelina shares how her family became Baha’is, some pioneering experiences, and how being in a chewing-gum commercial helped her and her twin sister go on pilgrimage. We talk about what the House of Justice calls “this infinitely poignant moment”, and Angelina tells us some fascinating stories about the six Western Baha’is who were in the Holy Land at the time of Abdu’l-Baha’s passing. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this conversation as much I did!
Find out more about some of the things we mentioned and covered below:
* Learn more about Abdu’l-Baha and the commemoration of the Centenary of His passing here: The Mystery of God
* Website created in honor of Abdu’l-Baha’s visit to North America: 239Days.com
* You may also be interested in listening to ‘The Journey West‘ podcast.
* Book: John David Bosch: In the Vanguard of Heroes, Martyrs, and Saints by Angelina Diliberto Allen
* Check out Baha’i Blog’s interview with Angelina about this book here: John David Bosch: In the Vanguard of Heroes, Martyrs, and Saints
* Book: When the Moon Set Over Haifa by Angelina Diliberto Allen
* Baha’i actor Lloyd Haynes
* Book: ‘God Passes By‘ by Shoghi Effendi
* Angelina talks about my father, Robert Wilson, whom I discuss on Baha’i Blogcast Episode 54 with Sean Hinton (part 2).
* QUOTE: “He is, and should for all time be regarded, first and foremost, as the Center and Pivot of Baha’u’llah’s peerless and all-enfolding Covenant, His most exalted handiwork, the stainless Mirror of His light, the perfect Exemplar of His teachings, the unerring Interpreter of His Word, the embodiment of every Baha’i ideal, the incarnation of every Baha’i virtue, the Most Mighty Branch sprung from the Ancient Root, the Limb of the Law of God, the Being “round Whom all names revolve,” the Mainspring of the Oneness of Humanity, the Ensign of the Most Great Peace, the Moon of the Central Orb of this most holy Dispensation—styles and titles that are implicit and find their truest, their highest and fairest expression in the magic name Abdu’l‑Baha.”
* Abdu’l-Baha’s Sister: A Tribute to Bahiyyih Khanum, The Greatest Holy Leaf
* QUOTE: “The content of the Will of the Master are far too much for the present generation to comprehend, it needs at least a century of actual working before the treasures of wisdom hidden in it can be revealed” Letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi –
* Abdu’l-Baha’s wife: Munireh Khanum
* Book: The Priceless Pearl by Ruhiyyih Rabbani
You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha’i Blogcast page, and be sure to ‘subscribe’ to the Baha’i Blogcast for more upcoming episodes on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Soundcloud.
Thanks for listening!