- At some point in our lives, we all suffer from illnesses of the body or the mind and we face tests and difficulties. This collection highlights resources dedicated to physical and spiritual health and well-being, healing, resilience and overcoming challenges.
Creator Brief: ‘Sing with me’
In communities around Australia and beyond, Baha’is and friends put the Writings to music to sing, chant and perform. Thanks to the Studio Sessions project, more of these are accessible than ever before. Now for mobile social video (on TikTok and Instagram Reels) we’re asking creators to share their music in a more intimate way, teaching to camera, and helping others learn to sing and play along. With TikTok’s ‘duets’ feature and community, it’s also a great place to encourage others to join in, remix videos and share the Writings even more widely!
We’d like you to film yourself or someone you know teaching us a Baha’i-themed song. We’d prefer it to be a song you have composed yourself or if not, one you have permission from the original composer to share publicly. If you’re unsure, feel free to ask us!
The videos should be
- Filmed vertically and stay under 90 seconds
- Filmed close, we should be able to see your face, upper torso and any instrument featuring in the video
- Upbeat, captivating, inclusive, and inviting
- Well timed and interesting, not formulaic or slow
Watch out for
- Wind and other background noise is pretty problematic. Try to find somewhere without extra noises (unless you have a sophisticated mic set up that can deal with it!) .
- Also remember to hit record and wait 3 full seconds before you begin speaking/singing and when you’re done, wait 3 full seconds before you stop recording.
Here are some examples of ‘sing with me’ videos we’ve published:
Here are some other people’s videos following a similar trend. Take inspiration from the many different styles out there!
Ready to Create?
We’re always on the look out for creators. You don’t need to be a Baha’i, you just need to be on board with the mission and vision of the Baha’i Faith. Here’s how to get in touch with us to share your video!
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.