- Baha’is abstain from food and drink between sunrise and sunset for 19 days. While this abstention from food and drink is a test of one’s will and discipline, the Fast is not just about abstaining from food. The Fast is, primarily, a spiritual practice.
Creator Brief: ‘Book Recommendations!’
There are so many great Baha’i Books around, it’s hard to know where to start sometimes. That’s where recommendations come in! We’re asking creators to give a recommendation for a book they’ve read recently, and what they enjoyed.
We’d like you to film yourself or someone you know recommending a book you’ve recently read. In the video you’ll explain:
- The name of the book and its author(s)
- Something interesting about the book – this could be an insight you gained, an overview, why it resonated with you, or anything else that you think would help others gain an appreciation for the book
The main video should be:
- Filmed vertically and stay under 60 seconds
- Filmed close, we should be able to see your face, upper torso and you should be holding/showing the book
- Upbeat, captivating, inclusive, and inviting
- Well timed and interesting, not formulaic or slow
We generally would also ask you to film a second shot of the book itself. This could be a shot of the video being read by someone, flipped through, zoomed in on (especially if there’s beautiful artwork on or in the book), or highlighted in some other way that you think really suits the book. We’ll stitch these two clips together for you.
- Wind and other background noise is pretty problematic. Try to find somewhere without extra noises (unless you have a sophisticated mic set up that can deal with it!) .
- Hit record and wait 3 seconds before you begin speaking/singing and when you’re done, wait a couple of seconds before you stop recording. We’ll edit this out, and it helps ensure you don’t lose any of the main clip.
- Consider your background and try to ensure you’re well lit, with some colour and visual interest around you. Avoid standing right in front of a wall or curtain.
Ready to Create?
We’re always on the look out for creators. You don’t need to be a Baha’i, you just need to be on board with the mission and vision of the Baha’i Faith. Here’s how to get in touch with us to share your video!
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.