- Ayyam-i-Ha is a Baha’i festival that is joyously celebrated in countries and territories all over the world. It is a time of hospitality, generosity, and caring for the needy. This year Ayyam-i-Ha runs from February 26-29.
Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode we come full circle to where the Baha’i Blogcast all began, with me and Baha’i Blog’s co-founder and Blogcast producer, Naysan Naraqi. We’re getting back together to wrap up our final episode, marking the end of this iteration of the Baha’i Blogcast as we know it. We’re not sure where things will go from here, but it’s been an amazing journey with so many fascinating guests and conversations over the last six years!
In this episode, we talk about the Baha’i Blogcast, my new book called Soul Boom, and we share a Baha’i quote we’ve been reflecting on. Join me and Naysan one last time, on this final episode of the Baha’i Blogcast!
Find out more about some of the things we mentioned and covered below:
- Soul Boom: Why We Need a Spiritual Revolution can be purchased from book retailers including Amazon
- Listen to the whole playlist of Blogcast episodes
- We mention a couple of episodes specifically such as the one where Michael Penn says “human beings are the most powerful receptors”. Listen to it here.
- Michael Karlberg and his book Beyond the Culture of Contest are referenced. Michael was featured on this episode of the Blogcast.
- Mental health is discussed. Baha’i Blog has been working on creating content related to mental health, health, healing and overcoming difficulties.
- “…hope has become a depleted resource” is from a letter dated 25 November 2020 to the Baha’is of the World.
- Rainn’s newest show is “The Geography of Bliss”
- Rainn quotes Abdu’l-Baha: “Your souls are as waves on the sea of the spirit; although each individual is a distinct wave, the ocean is one, all are united in God.” This quotation is from Paris Talks.
- Naysan also quotes Abdu’l-Baha’s Paris Talks: “…all effort and exertion put forth by man from the fullness of his heart is worship, if it is prompted by the highest motives and the will to do service to humanity. This is worship: to serve mankind and to minister to the needs of the people.”
You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha’i Blogcast page, and be sure to subscribe to the Baha’i Blogcast for more upcoming episodes on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Soundcloud.
Thanks for listening!
– Rainn Wilson
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.