- Baha’is abstain from food and drink between sunrise and sunset for 19 days. While this abstention from food and drink is a test of one’s will and discipline, the Fast is not just about abstaining from food. The Fast is, primarily, a spiritual practice.
Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode I’m joined by Sovaida Ma’ani Ewing, the founder of ‘The Center for Peace and Global Governance’ and a person of many talents. She’s the author of a number of books, has worked as a lawyer for 20 years, is a 7th generation Baha’i, and she’s passionate about the role of women in society, issues around global governance, the environment, peace-building, and leadership. We discuss all of these topics and also look at ideas around Collective Security, the meaning of power, and she even shares some personal stories of her time growing up in the Holy Land. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this conversation as much as I did!
Find out more about some of the things we mentioned and covered below:
* The Bab
* Learn more about Abdu’l-Baha and the commemoration of the Centenary of His passing here: The Mystery of God
* Sovaida has published the following books:
– The Alchemy of Peace: 6 Essential Shifts in Mindsets and Habits to Achieve World Peace
– Collective Security Within Reach
– Building a World Federation: The Key to Resolving Our Global Crises
– Bridge to Global Governance: Tackling Climate Change, Energy Distribution, and Nuclear Proliferation
* Sovaid’s Vlogcast on Youtube: Re-Imagining Our World
* Interview with Sovaida about her book: The Alchemy of Peace: 6 Essential Shifts in Mindsets and Habits to Achieve World Peace
* QUOTE: “Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.” -Baha’u’llah
* Sovaida’s NGO: Center for Peace and Global Governance (CPGG): www.cpgg.org
* Sovaida’s life coaching business: Unleash You Coaching
* Siyyid Yahya-i-Darabi, given the title Vahid
* The Promise of World Peace – The Universal House of Justice letter 1985.
You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha’i Blogcast page, and be sure to ‘subscribe’ to the Baha’i Blogcast for more upcoming episodes on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Soundcloud.
Thanks for listening!
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.