- Baha’is believe in the power of prayer and you’ll find Baha’is and their friends, throughout the world, getting together to pray. This is often referred to as a ‘devotional gathering’ or ‘devotional meeting’, and they happen in diverse settings, whether in cities or villages.
Hands of the Cause of God – Volume 4: Reflections on the Hands of the Cause is the fourth part of a four-part documentary series about The Hands of the Cause of God.
This outstanding four-part documentary series recounts the lives of the Hands of the Cause of God within the historical context of the Baha’i Faith. Told through first-person interviews and incredible never-before-seen archival footage, their incredible lives and service come to life in a powerful way, and which will inspire future generations.
Over half a century elapsed from the appointment of the first contingent of Hands of the Cause of God by Shoghi Effendi, the Guardian of the Baha’i Faith.
Belonging to a divinely ordained institution initiated by Baha’u’llah in the latter years of His Ministry towards the end of the 19th century, these heroic souls elevated to the rank of “Hand of the Cause of God” have followed Abdu’l-Baha’s extortion to “diffuse the divine fragrances”, in their many travels and duties assigned to them.
The aim of the producers of Volumes 3 and 4, was to provide a glimpse of these individuals in various settings and events around the world. Organized by topic in chronological order, the episodes help create the atmosphere of what it would have been like to be in their presence and partake of their knowledge and wisdom. As very little audio-visual material has been found of the Hands of the Cause of earlier periods, of necessity these volumes are focussed on the Hands of the Cause appointed by the Guardian and, for the most part, those who then survived their beloved leader after 1957.
The segments covered in Volume 4 include:
– Interviews of the Hands of the Cause of God.
– Dedication of the Houses of Worship.
– Visit to Western Samoa of Dr. Giachery.
– Journeys of the Hands of the Cause.
– On being appointed to Hand of the Cause.
– Comments on fellow Hands of the Cause.
– On their beloved Guardian.
– Devotion and Servitude.
Produced by Badiyan Productions, Baha’i Blog was graciously given the rights to publish the Hands of the Cause of God documentary series on our YouTube channel, and we’d like to express our deepest thanks to Fred Badiyan and Ramin Khadem for allowing us to share this precious series with others.
All four volumes of the Hands of the Cause of God documentaries can be found here:
1) Hands of the Cause of God – Volume 1: The Heroic Age through 1951
2) Hands of the Cause of God – Volume 2: The Institution of the Hands of the Cause of God
3) Hands of the Cause of God – Volume 3: Reflections on the Hands of the Cause
4) Hands of the Cause of God – Volume 4: Reflections on the Hands of the Cause
You can also read Baha’i Blog’s interview with Fred Badiyan about this documentary series here: Hands of the Cause Documentary Series: An Interview with Fred Badiyan
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.