Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode I’m in Chicago, USA with Steve Sarowitz, founder of Paylocity.com, and the Executive Producer of The Gate: Dawn of the Baha’i Faith, a new documentary film that tells the story of the life of the Bab, His message, and the origins of the Babi religion. In this conversation, we not only talk about the life of the Bab and this wonderful new documentary, but Steve enthusiastically shares his thoughts on what forgiveness might mean, how he became a Baha’i, what he’s learned from volunteering at the Baha’i House of Worship in Chicago, the concept of progressive revelation, and the importance of sharing the Teachings of the Baha’i Faith with everyone while being careful not to be too pushy.
To find out more about Steve Sarowitz and some of the things we covered in the podcast, check out the following links:
* To learn more about The Gate: Dawn of the Baha’i Faith and find out where the film is screening, go to the film’s official website.
* You can find out more about the life of the Bab here.
* Listen to the BahaiTeachings.com interview with Steve Sarowitz here on the Cloud9 podcast.
* I mention that Steve volunteers at the Baha’i House of Worship located just outside of Chicago. You can find out more about Houses of Worship (also commonly referred to as a Baha’i temple and a Mashriqu’l-Adhkar) here, and learn more about the Baha’i House of Worship for North America here.
* Learn more about Steve’s company from his company’s website: www.paylocity.com
* Steve talks about his experience visiting the Shrine of the Bab in Haifa, Israel. You can find out more about the Shrine of the Bab from these two links: The Shrine of the Bab and The Shrine of the Bab and its Significance.
* Steve mentions the Baha’i Obligatory Prayer which you can find out more about from this article: What is Obligatory Prayer and Why is it Important?
Thanks for listening!