- As a proudly Australian initiative, we’re excited to showcase a collection of Australian stories, music, tributes and more.
Baha’i Blog’s very popular music series called “Baha’i Blog Studio Sessions” is still going strong, and last week we just published our 100th Studio Session so as you can imagine, we’re super excited!
Baha’i Blog Studio Sessions is an initiative where we invite Baha’is and their friends around the world, to come into a studio to film and record them singing a song based on the Baha’i Writings. We then make these videos and audio recordings available on our YouTube Channel and SoundCloud page for everyone to listen to and download for free.
We publish one Studio Session per week, and so far we’ve recorded in 21 locations in 11 different languages across the globe!
Last year we had a crowdfunding campaign to ensure that we could keep going with the initiative until the end of 2016, and thanks to your generous support and the help of so many volunteers, we’ve managed to surpass that, and we are hoping to have enough songs to continue to publish until the end of 2017!
Below we’ve listed and linked to one example of each of the 11 different languages we have so far, and following that we’ve embedded one video from each of the 21 locations below.
We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
1. Arabic – “Spreading the Light” by Reza Mostmand
2. Bislama – “Hemia Dei (This is the Day)” by Carmel Zein
3. Chinese – “New Prosperity (新富贵)” by Nabil David Huening
4. English – “Know Thou of a Truth” by Jamal Corrie
5. Finnish – “Ystävällinen Kieli” by Pedram, Aram, Onni & Nader
6. Japanese – “治癒の祈り（Healing prayer)” by Yoshie & Aleksandar
7. Persian – “Aye Jan Feshan” by Behzad Khoshmashrab
8. Portuguese – “Ó Amigo (O Friend)” by Bruno Silvestre
9. Serbian – “Jedinstvo (Unity)” by Ali Youssefi
10. Spanish – “Bendito es el Sitio” by Shirin & Daniel
11. Swahili – “Truthfulness is the Foundation” by Caity Bolton
Now here are examples from each of the 21 locations we’ve filmed and recorded in so far, listed in alphabetical order:
1. Arequipa, Peru
2. Belgrade, Serbia
3. Brisbane, Australia
4. Essen, Germany
5. Gold Coast, Australia
6. Helsinki, Finland
7. Key West, USA
8. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9. Lisbon, Portugal
10. London, United Kingdom
11. Los Angeles, USA
12. Madrid, Spain
13. Melbourne, Australia
14. Nashville, USA
15. New York, USA
16. Paget, Bermuda
17. Prince Edward Island, Canada
18. San Francisco, USA
19. Sydney, Australia
20. Toronto, Canada
21. Vancouver, Canada
Well that’s it for now, and we hope you’ve not only enjoyed the Studio Sessions series so far, but have found it useful as well.
We’d really like to say a very special thank you to everyone who has been a part of making the Studio Sessions series happen, and we have some more exciting songs from various global locations coming soon!
You can find out more about Studio Sessions from this article.
Watch Baha’i Blog’s Studio Sessions series here on our YouTube channel.
Don’t forget that you can also listen to Baha’i Blog’s Studio Sessions series here on our Soundcloud playlist.
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.