“The Gate of God” is an original song about the Life and Martyrdom of the Bab, written in 2007 by Scott Rizzo (lyrics) and Ann-Sofie Wensbo (lyrics & music), and released in 2019 for the Bicentenary of the Birth of the Bab.
The song is available in three versions, all of which are acoustic:
1. An original version
2. A stripped version, for a slightly more meditative purpose.
3. An instrumental version, intended for private or public use by individuals and choirs out there who would like to cover the song. (Lyrics and chords available from Ann-Sofie by request).
Ann-Sofie Wensbo is a musician, singer/songwriter and producer from Sweden, and she was one of the main people who helped Baha’i Blog film and record our Studio Sessions in Stockholm Sweden. Her musical hallmark is her calm and groovy acoustic guitar playing, her melodious singing and her harmonic vocal arrangements. Having grown up in a home where music was highly appreciated, Ann-Sofie discovered her musical interest and talent at an early age. As a 10-year old she picked up the guitar and a year later she wrote and performed her first song. At 17 she found the Baha’i Faith and soon after started putting the Baha’i Writings to music. Her intoned compositions have been loved and sung around the world long before their official release with the album “Illumine My Inner Being” in 2006.
Find out more about Ann-Sofie Wensbo and purchase “The Gate of God” here on wensbomusic.com
You may also enjoy the following Baha’i Blog Studio Sessions from Stockholm, Sweden, which include Ann-Sofie Wensbo:
* “Ädel (Noble)” by Ann-Sofie & Shahram
* “Healing Prayer” by Ann-Sofie & Rasmus
* “Led mig (Guide Me)” by Ann-Sofie, Rasmus, Sasha & Nora
* “Plantera i ditt hjärtas trädgård (Garden of thy Heart)” by Nora, Sasha & Ann-Sofie