- Running every August, National Science Week is Australia’s annual celebration of science and technology. See what we're up to!
Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode, I’m joined virtually by Novin and Juliet who are based in the UK and are the founders of Oneworld Publications, an awesome boutique publisher that punches way above their weight with tons of awards to their name! We talk about working in the circus, becoming a Baha’i, living in Cyprus, starting Oneworld, and the power of books in creating social change and also showing us what’s possible for the future. I hope you enjoy the conversation as much as I did!
To find out more about some of the things we covered in this episode, check out the following links:
- Oneworld Publications website: oneworld-publications.com
- Check out this Baha’i Blog article interviewing Novin and Juliet about Oneworld Publications: An Interview with Oneworld Publications
- Listen to The Oneworld Podcast.
- Novin mentions the philosopher John Hick.
- We mention The Universal House of Justice
- We mention Shoghi Effendi
- We mention Abdu’l-Baha
- We mention The Bab
- We mention Baha’u’llah
- Novin mentions Edward Granville Browne: The Only European Historian Who Met Baha’u’llah
- Novin mentions The 200th Anniversary of the Birth of the Bab.
- Novin mentions The Book of Certitude (The Kitab-i-Iqan) by Baha’u’llah.
- We mention Juliet Thompson
We talk about the following books:
- A Brief History of 7 Killings by Marlon James
- The Book of Night Women by Marlon James
- The Bassoon King by Rainn Wilson
- Memories of Mohammed: Why the Prophet Matters by Omid Safi
- Oneworld’s book series called ‘Makers of the Muslim World‘
- The Baha’i Faith in Words and Images by John Danesh, Seena Fazel, Paul Slaughter
- The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine by Ilan Pappe
- The Sellout by Paul Beatty
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- How We Disappeared: A Novel by Jing-Jing Lee
- From Copper to Gold: The Life of Dorothy Baker by Dorothy Freeman Gilstrap
- The Bab and the Babi Community of Iran by Fereydun Vahman
- Juliet talks about the principle of bringing yourself to account each day, found in The Hidden Words of Baha’u’llah:
“O SON OF BEING! Bring thyself to account each day ere thou art summoned to a reckoning; for death, unheralded, shall come upon thee and thou shalt be called to give account for thy deeds.”
You can find all of our episodes here on the Baha’i Blogcast page, and be sure to ‘subscribe’ to the Baha’i Blogcast for more upcoming episodes on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Soundcloud.
Thanks for listening!
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.