This talk, presented by Dr. Nader Saiedi and titled “Nature and Dynamics of Oppression, Empowerment and Battle Against Oppression”, was filmed at the Association for Baha’i Studies Conference in California in 2015.
Dr. Nader Saiedi is the Taslimi Foundation Professor of Baha’i Studies in the department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures at the University of California. You can find out more about Dr. Nader Saiedi here.
We also interviewed Dr. Nader Saiedi on the Baha’i Blogcast. You can listen to those two episodes here:
- Baha’i Blogcast with Rainn Wilson – Episode 20: Nader Saiedi
- Baha’i Blogcast with Rainn Wilson – Episode 48: A Declaration of the Bab Conversation with Dr. Nader Saiedi
You may be interested in these talks by Dr. Nader Saiedi found on Baha’i Blog:
- From World War to World Peace
- Text and Context in the Baha’i Heroic Age (this is a series of 11 talks)
- Baha’u’llah & Peace (this is a series of 4 talks)
- Fire & Light in the Bab’s Tablet
- Identity and the Spiritual Journey in the Badi Calendar
The Association for Baha’i Studies (ABS) promotes the advanced study of the Baha’i Faith and its application to the needs of humanity, it holds an annual conference and sponsors seminars and symposia, engaging participants from all over North America. It publishes a peer-reviewed journal, The Journal of Baha’i Studies, occasional books and monographs, as well as other publications. It is also engaged in a number of initiatives to advance Baha’i studies among students and young adults and to stimulate broader interest in Baha’i studies.
You may also enjoy this Baha’i Blog video about the ABS conference: Baha’i Blog Attends the Association for Baha’i Studies Conference