- Baha’is abstain from food and drink between sunrise and sunset for 19 days. While this abstention from food and drink is a test of one’s will and discipline, the Fast is not just about abstaining from food. The Fast is, primarily, a spiritual practice.
The first video in Day by Day’s “Shaping my Day” video affirmation series is all about enthusiasm! Day by Day is a new distinct initiative from some of the Baha’i Blog team that offers meditations and affirmations to connect with your spiritual self. We hope that repeating the nine affirmations shared in this video electrify your week!
In the Baha’i Writings, Baha’u’llah tells us that the beautiful qualities of enthusiasm and eagerness are gifts from God:
From the billows of the ocean of Thy generosity the seas of eagerness and enthusiasm were revealed.– Baha’u’llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha’u’llah, p. 246
The affirmations that we are guided to repeat in this video are:
- I am present in the moment.
- I put my whole self into whatever I’m doing.
- I give myself space to get excited about the future.
- I see the bright side of life.
- I share my joy and excitement freely.
- I leave my expectations behind, so I am open to now.
- I am a happy and joyful being.
- I am leaning forward into the amazing ride of life.
- I live each day like it’s my first.
The beautiful quote at the end is from Gordon Parks, a celebrated and pioneering American photographer and filmmaker. The longer version of his quote is: “Enthusiasm is the electricity of life. How do you get it? You act enthusiastic until you make it a habit.”
We’d love your support for this new project–which we introduce a bit further in our latest article! You can follow Day by Day on Instagram, find more of its “Shaping my Day” videos on YouTube, download an affirmation wallpaper from its Pinterest account, or check out its website.
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.