- Baha’is abstain from food and drink between sunrise and sunset for 19 days. While this abstention from food and drink is a test of one’s will and discipline, the Fast is not just about abstaining from food. The Fast is, primarily, a spiritual practice.
The fourth video in Day by Day’s “Shaping my Day” affirmation series is all about connection and friendliness!
Day by Day is an initiative from some of the Baha’i Blog team that offers meditations and affirmations to connect with your spiritual self. We hope that repeating the positive affirmations shared in this video will help you to create connections, love and friendship, and make positive change in the lives of those around you!
Manifesting friendliness and kindness to people you meet are traits oft-cited in the Baha’i Writings. Baha’u’llah tells us to “Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face.” And Abdu’l-Baha counsels us: “Do not be content with showing friendship in words alone, let your heart burn with loving-kindness for all who may cross your path.”
The affirmations that we are guided to repeat in this video are:
- Today I have the courage to be friendly.
- I share my smiles and my kindness freely.
- I am proud of the real and authentic me.
- I choose to be open.
- I make time for others.
- I know and respect my boundaries.
- I deserve genuine friendship and love.
- I am loved by God / the universe / the creator.
- I am open to new and unexpected connections. I bring joy to others and to myself.
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.