- Baha’is abstain from food and drink between sunrise and sunset for 19 days. While this abstention from food and drink is a test of one’s will and discipline, the Fast is not just about abstaining from food. The Fast is, primarily, a spiritual practice.
The second video in Day by Day’s “Shaping my Day” affirmation series is all about confidence! Day by Day is an initiative from some of the Baha’i Blog team that offers meditations and affirmations to connect with your spiritual self. We hope that repeating the positive affirmations shared in this video give you a boost this week!
Trust in God is an essential pillar in creating confidence, and Shoghi Effendi shares this idea in this beautiful quote, written on his behalf:
“He strongly urges you not to dwell on yourself. Each one of us, if we look into our failures, is sure to feel unworthy and despondent, and this feeling only frustrates our constructive efforts and wastes time. The thing for us to focus on is the glory of the Cause and the Power of Baha’u’llah which can make of a mere drop a surging sea!”Shoghi Effendi, Lights of Guidance, p. 113
The affirmations that we are guided to repeat in this video are:
- I am resilient and resourceful.
- I trust in God, the universe, the Creator, that things will all work out.
- I am wonderful and worthy just as I am.
- I am comfortable being uncomfortable.
- I am willing to give people, experiences and ideas a go.
- I am a learner in life.
- I am running my own race.
- Challenges make me stronger.
- Today I say yes to new possibilities.
Leave a Reply
"*" indicates required fields
The arts and media have a critical role in how we share our community experiences. We’ve got resources, projects and more to help you get involved.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia.
We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their cultures; and to elders both past and present.